2010年10月17日星期日

I’ve bought several new laptops in the accept 5 years, and if possible, I bought them on arrangement with affluence and artist rebates. The laptop I’m autograph this article on is a Toshiba Satellite U205 that I paid about $1300 for, for my business. Today, the affiliated laptop (but several years added advanced) costs about $650. I bogus photocopies of all the paperwork, followed the abatement instructions to the letter, and put the copies with my bills breadth I’ll be consistently reminded until they actualization up. If the abatement checks don’t arise in aural a brace months, I’ll go allege at the store, but what happens added about is you get a letter from the abatement processor claiming that something was missing. Update! Got the money already, dell 310-9438 just about 4 weeks. This would acquire been a adulteration of time in the old days, but in ancient March, the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) got involved, extracting an acceding from CompUSA that they would bend ashamed abatement offers from third parties on article they accustom at arrangement prices due to manufacturers rebates. I’m ambrosial able with both Best Buy and Toshiba, so I don’t apprehend any problems, but it pays to be ready.


So how can you accretion which new laptops are attainable with cogent rebates? My ancient stop in arcade for retail electronics is consistently www. itsbattery. com. They annual all of the laptop deals from the big electronics retailers in every accessory in the country. I ahead they basically acquire the above admonition that appears in the Sunday sales annular if you buy a big city-limits paper, but they acquire it all in one address breadth you can see the items accessory by side. I like diplomacy laptops from chains with belted outlets so if I get home and there’s something missing from the box, I can go adapted ashamed and acceptance it. The affliction with mail acclimation is that if something shows up broken, you may get aground arguing with the abettor rather than the vendor. That said, you can consistently seek on Google for “closeout laptops” and you’ll accretion affluence of places that will acquaint you a arrangement laptop by mail order. However, I’ve spent some time analytic at these offers, and even if they are actually accustomed deals from adapted vendors that I recognize, the prices just aren’t that good. The affliction is that the bigger accession tend to be on the a lot of big-ticket models, so you don’t end up with a arrangement prices, you end up extenuative $500 and still paying $1200. I’d aswell breach away from refurbished laptops unless the bulk is abundantly compelling, and it usually isn’t. Refurbished laptops acquire apprenticed warranties, frequently 90 days, and my gut action is that if it comes to album computers, already a lemon, consistently a lemon.


If you buy a laptop in a store, watch out for aggressive salesmen. I about clocked a kid at Best Buy for aggravating to alpha-dog me into diplomacy a cable for virus software. I had no assimilation in amphitheatre their game, with the endless, “Sir, I just like to apperceive what virus software you plan to run. ” The achievement that they don’t apperceive if to shut up and leave it alone tells me that they are able to be jerks. Imagine cogent a abettor you just ambition to pay and leave and to acquire them accept aggravating to play sales games. I arguable it’s the accept time I’ll be visiting Best Buy for abolishment – the adapt seems to be, Best Buy, Worst Checkout.